Thursday, February 17, 2011

Girls Rule

Morning!

I need to make this a quick post as I am already behind today and the day has only just begun. I hope you have a fabulous Thursday!


Last week Whimsy released 4 more KennyK rubber stamps and so last night I had a play with "Star"! I just love her! And the potential for fun with these images is endless! I love coloring these images, but I still need some practice, especially with black. What are your favorite Copic colors for achieving a well shaded black?

I went with pink and black for this card because of the designer papers and because it was fun to color hair in a color other than the usual brunette or blonde. The image was colored with Copics to match the papers. I've embellished with eyelet and ribbon lacing, flowers, gems and pearls, and a ticket sentiment from Ann's digital set "Wild Side Tickets" from Whimsy Stamps.

This card fits challenges at:
Paper Take Weekly - Glitter, sparkles, gems etc
Craft Your Passion - Pink
Stamping Scrapping Central  - Pink
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Bling Bling
I Did It Creations - Bling it up

Thanks so much for stopping over today. I will be back tomorrow with a couple new cards for the challenges at JM and SS! Hope to see you then. Have a super day!

10 comments:

tiggertastic said...

amazing make, love the colours and the lace up section is just fantastic and so creative

Hugs, Sarah-Louise x

Pattie said...

Love her pink hair and that lacing is fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love this card and I love yours works.
Francy

Tracey said...

This is incredible Denise!! I love it!! xx

Crystal said...

Denise WOW I SOOOO LOVE this!!! LOVE LOVE how you did the ribbon, absolutely fabulous!!!

michele hileman said...

Great card.. Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Anneke said...

Hi Denise,
what a beautiful card!!
Hugs Anneke

Diane said...

Oh I love this card!!! It's so cool,any teenage gal would adore this neat card!

Jeanette said...

What a fun can card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Nicola said...

love the laced up ribbon. Great idea.

Hugs
Nic