Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whimsy Stamps UPDATE

Morning,

I am sure many of you have noticed that the Whimsy Stamps store is off line. On Sunday we closed the store for what we thought would be 24 hours to perform maintenance on the store and move everything to a new server. We had been having many server issues in recent weeks and were hopeful that moving to a new server would remedy that.

Well, now more than 96 hours later the server switch is done but the store has crashed. I do have someone who helps me with tech support as I am not savvy when it comes to the admin side of running a website. She is working very hard to restore things, but every time she makes a little head way something else goes wrong.  And because I don't know how to help her, I really don't have any information as to when things will be fixed.

At this time I have no idea when the store will be back on line and while I sit here in a puddle of my own tears, I am at a loss for what to do. I am SO sorry to my artists and all of my loyal customers. If I had ever known something like this could/would happen, I would have lived with the old server and suffered through. It was never my intention to be off line for as long as we have and each day makes me sadder and sadder.

I do want everyone who placed orders before the server went down to know that I have those records printed out and your product(s) will be on the way to you shortly. Custom designs will be arriving here tomorrow and shipping out ASAP. If you have purchased a digital image and were not able to retrieve it, just shoot me an email and I will send you your file. Again, I would like to apologize for the delays and confusion and all this inconvenience.

Please do know that I am not giving up! Even if it means starting the store over, I will have it up and running again. We have some amazing things coming in the next few weeks and I can't wait for you to be able to see. I just need sone time to get things going again. And if you hang in there with me, I will have a little surprise for you when we return.

Thank you to all of those who have sent comments and emails of support. Whimsy has the BEST friends and customers. And we will return....just not exactly sure on the time. I will post updates here and on the Whimsy Blog as often as I have new information. Thanks everyone.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Oh hun, what a complete nightmare for you!! Hope you and your friend manage to get it sorted asap hun! hugs, Jane xxx

Melanie said...

Oh Denise...that's awful. I'm so sorry you're having these difficulties, and I hope all is fixed soon with the website. Try not to worry though, as I'm sure all your loyal Whimsy fans will gladly wait patiently while you get everthing up and running again. :)