Friday, September 17, 2010

Lace it Up and an Update

Morning and Happy Friday!

Boy what a week! I do want to share that I have some good news....the Whimsy Store is back online however we are not quite ready for shoppers. There are a few kinks still needing to be worked out and we are hopeful we can accomplish that today. We are working hard to get things back to normal for our customers and are very grateful for the continued support and patience. Thank you all!


Today being Friday is new challenge day over at Just Magnolia and Stamp Something. Sadly, I do not have a card for Stamp Something, but the challenge is another "Go Digi Day" and we have some great sponsors joining us. Hope you will give the challenge a try. I hope that maybe later this weekend, once things have settled down and return to normal, maybe I will have a chance to make my card.

I do have my card for Just Magnolia this week as I had it made before all of this mess happened. The challenge this week is "Lace It Up" and you can interpret that how you choose. It could be using lace or lace ribbon or doing some actual lacing on your card. I chose to do both!

I went for vintage and distressed on this card. I used scissors to distress the edges of my K and Company papers and then added eyelets and ribbon to do the lacing on the top corner. I've embellished with flowers, lace, a lace doily, and a ballerina charm. My Tilda ballerina was colored with copics and highlighted with stickles.

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope to have an update about the Whimsy Store soon. Have a great day and a super weekend!

7 comments:

jeanne girl said...

Very pretty - love the stickles on her skirt!!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Denise :-) everything is just perfect :-) Tilda is very pretty and the papers and embellies are perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Annika said...

Beautiful card, Denise - I'm in awe you got it done with everything going on!! Big hugs to you!
Annika

Deb said...

Glad that the shop is back and hope that it is all back to normal very soon!
Your card is so beautiful, love the lacing and the pretty lace and of course love this Tilda!
Hope you get a nice quiet, stress free weekend! hugs debx

martina's kaartjes said...

Elegant, romantic card ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Denise! So beautiful!

Hugs
Maarit