Monday, August 9, 2010

Teacher Gift

Morning!

Happy Monday! Too bad another weekend is already over, hope it was a fun one for you. We stayed busy and enjoyed the outdoors before the real humidity hit us again yesterday. Today is suppose to be another scorcher! Good day for the kids and the pool!

I saw the cutest teacher gift idea over on my sweet friend Crystal's blog the other day and I just had to CASE it! Crystal used a super cute Meljen's Designs image to make a perfect set of gifts for a teacher. My son is taking some summer fun classes and I wanted to give his teachers something to say thank you and thought this idea was perfect. And Crystal being Crystal (one of the nicest girls you will ever meet!) of course shared where she found the little box and I was lucky enough to find one too! BIG thanks Crystal!!

As Crystal did, I left the little box as is and then filled it with various trinkets perfect for a teacher. By the way, got everything at Target. There's a magnetic notepad, some pencils and a pen, a bottle of Purell, an altered little notebook that I used the fun Back 2 School Pencil image from Meljen's Designs on, then of course a candy bar (who doesn't want a bit of chocolate), stickers, post it notes, and some red shredded filler. The front was decorated with another of Meljen's Designs, this one is Teddy Bear ABC's and I added a couple ribbon tabs and a red ribbon bow to the side. Quick and easy little gift that was also inexpensive!

Now I just need to make a couple of cards and maybe a matching bookmark and these gifts will be ready for my son to give to his teachers on Thursday. Meljen's Designs has a great selection of Back to School images and I think there will be more to come too! So stay tuned! New Meljen's images are available each and every Thursday over at Whimsy Stamps!

Have a great Monday!

Happy Stamping,

8 comments:

Annie said...

sheesh I never got anything so fabulous when I was teaching. The teacher will be over the moon - it's gorgeous.
ann xxx

angeleef said...

I'm a teacher and I would sooo have loved this gift. I think it is (indeed) really perfect for a teacher (and I love love those stickers). Gets you teally prepared for next year. What a nice gift and beautifully decorated!
** Evi **

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great gift for a teacher. TFS.

Crystal said...

AWWW Denise this is FABULOUS!!!!! The teachers will love this sweetie!!!!!

Debbie said...

Ah Denise this is just gorgeous,perfect gift idea,Hugs Debbie x

Yani said...

This is adorable... and what a wonderful idea! You did a terrific job. Thanks for sharing!

Anneke said...

Hi Denise,
This is so great!
The teacher will be happy with this beautiful gift :)
Hugs Anneke

Cheryl said...

Wow - this is wonderful! What a lucky teacher.