Friday, June 25, 2010

A Vintage Sketch with Flowers

Happy Friday All!

Wow what a busy week! It's going to take me some time to get into a new routine with the kids for the summer I think. Anyone else having that problem? I am glad it's the weekend, we have some fun things planned so I'm looking forward to it! Hope you have a great weekend too!


Today being Friday means new challenges over at Just Magnolia and Stamp Something. And this week I've decided to combine these challenges and so I only made one card to share. The challenge at JM is a fabby sketch by the ever talented Bev! I loved this sketch and know for sure I will be using it again. And then at Stamp Something our challenge is Something Vintage with Flowers so a very easy couple of challenges to combine!

I've gone with this beautiful new Tilda that Bev was kind enough to stamp and share with me. Isn't she just darling! Probably my new favorite Magnolia. I ordered her, but she's not arrived yet. So thankful for the images Bev! I've colored with Copics and then cut the image out and popped it up on foam tape. I've used Bev's sketch and some BG Capella papers that have been distressed and torn and stitched for that vintage/shabby look. I embellished with pearl brads, lots of flowers, dry embossing, lace and organdy ribbons, and a sentiment from the Ticket Sentiments at Whimsy Stamps.

This card also fits the challenges over at:
Simon Says: Friends (this card is for someone special)
Cute Card Thursday: Reuse (lace)
Delightful Challenges: Summer

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you'll join in with us this week at Just Magnolia and Stamp Something! Have a fantastic Friday!

Happy Stamping,

19 comments:

Marley said...

Beautiful card Denise!! I love the colours and the beautiful design papers!! Tilda is looking very sweet and your coloring is awesome! xx hugs Marley

milli said...

What a wonderful card! Love the new Tilda:)
Wishing you a great weekend!
Hugs,
Camilla

Katie said...

She is gorgeous!
Love the image and all the little vintage details are just perfect!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Challenges :)

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Denise,love the vintage feel you have given it,Have a great weekend,Hugs Debbie x

Crystal said...

Denise WOW girl, how do you do it??? You have BEEN sooooo busy but yet you make ONE STUNNING CREATION!! This Tilda is BEAUTIFUL and all your deets look amazing!!! I LOVE LOVE those flowers and your lace....

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh, this is amazing!!! I love everything - especially those corner pearl embellishments!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Julie said...

Wow, this is just drop dead fabulous!!!! Love it! Juliex

Riet said...

So beautiful card,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracey said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is absolutely incredible Denise! I love your card and this Tilda is beautiful! xx

Deb said...

oh wow Denise, she is just adorable, so love her, beautiful card, the pale colour and pretty lace are so perfect!
Thank you for your kind words, a root canal later and all better!
have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

Shirley N said...

I lovelovelove this Denise, it's beautiful! Love your soft colors and adorable image! And your coloring is soooo pretty!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Denise, gorgeous card and beautiful Tilda.
luv
Debby

Karen said...

Gorgeous Denise, love your stitching too, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card Denise and that Tilda is soooo cute. Love the doily and the detailing.

It's been great working with you for the past 6mths. I can't believe how quickly it's flown by.. thanks for having me :)

Sandie

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Amazing, :)), this is great, just love it and this Magnolia girl is super cute.Thanks for playing with DS.

Rosalien

Marcea said...

Hi there hun, oh Denise this is devine!!!! Love it so much, your colouring is just so pretty
Thankyou so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
-x-

Christina C. said...

Unbelievably GORGEOUS, Denise!!!!!!!!!! I love the soft colors...such a dainty card!

Annie said...

such a beautiful card and fabulous recycling! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

nath81 said...

j'aime bcp je l'a trouve jolie d'ailleurs je me suis inspire de ta carte pour faire la mienne et je vais te cite sur mon blog pour dire d'ou viens mon inspiration , si tu y voisun incovenient fais moi le savoir et j'annule tout merci bises nath81