Saturday, October 3, 2009

Whimsy Sponsors Saturday Spotlight

Happy Saturday and World Carding Making Day!

I'm excited to share a card with you today that I created for my guest design spot with the brand new weekly challenge, Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential! My dear friend Vicki is the creator and fearless leader of this new challenge and I just know she will do wonderfully creative things with her challenges and her design team! Head on over and see what it's all about!

I'm also honored that Whimsy Stamps is the very first sponsor at Saturday Spotlight! There is a gift certificate up for grabs for one lucky random winner! The challenge this week is to create something for Halloween....but you can't use Halloween stamps! Tricky huh! Still a treat to see all the fun design team creations, head over for some inspiration!

This is my "Happy Halloween" Whimsy Mice card! I changed the "love u" letters to "happy" and then used a sentiment from an old SU! set for the Halloween. The image was colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen and Spica glitter pen.

I used the layout from Truly Scrumptious and my doodling would be the "happy" letters which I had drew. I used some K and Company Halloween paper with SU! purple, orange, and black cardstock. the green layer was embossed with the bubbles folder and CB. I embellished with some grosgrain ribbon, hemp twine and gem charm, a paper hand made flower, button, and brads.

Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you'll celebrate World Card Making Day with us at Saturday Spotlight! Happy stamping! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise!! WOW! I think your creation is just fabulous!! The darling Whimsy image fit right with the challenge today!! I want to thank you for being our first guest designer and also thankyou for your generous sponsor donation! We are thrilled to have you hun!! Thanks for being a wonderful friend too!! HUGS

Martine said...

ooo loving this card hunni, adorable image and very clever too as its not a halloween image :), loving the papers and embellies too :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend darlin

xx

Martine

Debbie said...

This is just adorable Denise I love how you have changed the banner for the mice,Hugs Debbie x

Bev said...

Oh this is just so cute hun, love the image. Gorgeous colour combo too xx