Thursday, October 1, 2009

Layers of Color Christmas

Hi All!

Hope your Thursday is going well! I've been busy stamping all day and doing some DT work. I like days when I can stay busy and look at the clock and it's time for dinner! I should be cooking, but instead I'm going to quickly share a couple cards. Hubby isn't home yet anyway!

I made these using some Layers of Color stamps and both are for Christmas. The first card uses the set Birdday Party. This set was designed as a birthday set, but I think the presents work for the holidays too.

I used brown, red, and olive papers. The image was stamped and colored and then I laid on the olive paper which I ripped "open" to reveal the image. I kept this card pretty clean and simple, just added some ribbon, paper piercing and a brad.

This next card uses the set Reindeer Waltz. I love the pretty scroll work and designs inside the reindeer images. So I played that up by embossing the image in white EP with my heat gun. The papers are beige and blues and I scalloped the edge on either side of the center image. The only embellishment is some wide striped ribbon and gel pen dots.

Thanks for stopping by tonight. Have a great night. See you back here tomorrow for Stamp Something and Just Magnolia! Happy Stamping! :)

3 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Such wonderful cards, Denise! I love how you used the torn paper to look like a gift has been opened, and how you chose unique coloring and a snowy looking reindeer, very creative!

Francesca said...

Lovely cards , love the reindeer

Hugs
Francesca

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Love the combos on both cards here Denise! That reindeer is really elegant!! I love that!! :) TFS!! HUGS