Friday, October 23, 2009

Just Magnolia and Stamp Something

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hope you've had a great week! I've been busy this week so I'm looking forward to the weekend. It's suppose to rain tomorrow, you know what that means....stamping! Hope you have some fun things planned.

I have two cards to share with you today. The first is for Just Magnolia and the next one is for Stamp Something. Both of the challenge blogs have just posted new challenges, hope you'll join us this week!

Just Magnolia

This week at Just Magnolia we have a sketch by the talented and creative Martine! I've used the sketch almost as is, just changed the oval to a rectangle as I'm not great at making ovals.

I've gone with a pastel color palette and used some retired SU! designer papers. The colors are plum and saffron. I've distressed all the edges and added some lace and satin ribbons for a couple of my layers.

My image is one I received in a swap and she's been colored with Copics is more soft colors. Then I highlighted with white gel pen and some Spica glitter too. I've embellished with Prima flowers and roses and the sentiment is attached with a button.

This was a great sketch to work with, I hope you'll pop on over to Just Magnolia and give it a try! Be sure to check out all the beautiful design team samples created using Martine's sketch!

Stamp Something

Our challenge at Stamp Something this week is Halloween Somethings! Halloween is only about a week away, so we want to see your creative Halloween cards, treats, and projects! Our sponsor this week is Cute Daisy May and they kindly donated some blog candy as well as images for the Design Team to work with.

I went with this sweet little Halloween witch and colored her with Copics and highlighted with gel pen and glitter. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday along with papers from K and Company and Making Memories. I've been using purples and oranges for my cardstock colors on all my Halloween projects as I ran out of black, not sure how that happened!

I've embellished this card with some gingham ribbon and orange buttons and some Prima flowers with a button center. If you are in need of some Halloween inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of the fun Halloween Somethings the design team has created this week! Then be sure to show us your Halloween Something!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend! Happy Stamping! :)

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Two stunning cards Denise! Love the Halloween witch, and the black cat paper that's sneeked onto the bottom!
Shelly :)

Anonymous said...

AWW!!! That mag is a cutie pie!! How sweet and such a soft and pretty layout with those colors!! :) Awesome job girl!! And of course your Halloween Something is fab-o-licious!! Love the fun colors and papers!! Your image is too cute!! HUGS

Lisa H. said...

sooo sweet! love how you colored her, great colors with the dp, too.

Debbie said...

2 Gorgeous Cards Denise I especially love the cute little witch on your second one,Hugs Debbie x

Unknown said...

Awww...these cards are so sweet, Denise! I especially like the first one! I love the color and I love Tilda! Too cute!

Mina said...

gorgeous cards Denise...I love your colours in the Magnolia card
Mina xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Love the soft colours on your Magnolia card and your details are lovely xx

BA said...

the just magnolia card is adorable, love the soft colours
yor halloween card is wonderful
xoxo BA

Marcea said...

2 wonderful cards Denise. I am the same, running out of loads of cardstock at the moment ... must go shopping!
-x-