Saturday, September 5, 2009

Layers of Color Saturday - Fleur Heart

Hello All!

Happy weekend! It's a holiday weekend here in the States and so the kids and hubby will be home for three days. It'll be nice to have some relaxing family time after this hectic first week back to school. Hope you all have something fun planned!

I have a quick card to share today, one I made using some Layers of Color stamps. I pulled out my Fleur Heart set and used some of the images to create a background.

I paired the scroll heart design with a french script background to create this old world/vintage card. I used a printed transparency from my friend Vicki as the main image. I just mounted it on some cardstock to make the images more visible. I've embellished with pewter hardware, a bead, some Prima flowers and buttons, and some twill tape and hemp twine. The sentiment has been framed using some oval EK Success punches.

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you have a great weekend! Happy stamping. :)

9 comments:

Rach said...

This is gorgeous hugs rach xxxx

Mina said...

oh wow Denise this is fabulous, gorgeous colours and I love that stamp so much...just beautiful
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous hun!! Those colors sure look amazing!! LOVE how you've used that tag too!! So glad to hear you get some relaxing time in!! Enjoy it!! HUGS

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Denise-Lynn,what a BEAUTIFUL card,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Mrs. W said...

You go girl! This is FAB-U-LOUS! Great color scheme too. Heather

Cat said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and details!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oohh, this is rich with beautiful design, striking colors and gorgeous detailing! Wow, Denise ~ superb card!

Shelly said...

Stunning Denise! I love the romantic feel here, it all fits so well together. Hugs, Shelly x

Juls said...

this is just so gorgeous!! the colours are amazing! and I really love the collage feel that you have created!