Monday, July 20, 2009

Hip-Hippo- Ray! New Release Day

Hello All!

Hope you are having a great Monday! Things have been super busy for me today because Whimsy Stamps has just released two new animals and two new animal accessory sets to our Whimsy Animals Collection! It's been a fun filled day!

I have a card to share that uses one of our new releases, this is Whimsy Hippo! She's all pretty in pink and has been popped up on foam tape and accented with a glitter pen. Not sure you can see all the glitter though.

I chose to make a gate fold card today to fit the new Whimsy Challenge of fun folds. We want to see you create a card using a unique or different fold, anything but the typically folded in half style will work for this one!

The layout is from this week's Mojo Monday sketch and I chose the colors to fit with the mostly orange challenge at Pile It On! I know this card isn't mostly orange, but it does have a lot of orange going on, so it's close! And Whimsy Stamps is sponsoring the challenge this week, so I hope you'll join in! :) Whimsy Hippo also fits the challenge at The Pink Elephant which is the theme of animals.

Here's the inside view, so you can see the gate fold. I decorated the inside using the same colors and paper and embellies from the outside.

That's all I have for today. I've got a busy week ahead of me, so I need to get some stamping in this afternoon. Head on over to Whimsy Stamps and check out the rest of the new releases!

Hope you have a great night! Happy Stamping! :)

25 comments:

Donna said...

Simply adorable! I'm definitely going to check out these stamps.

raindropecho said...

I love hippos!!! This one is ESPECIALLY cute :D Great job Denise, love everything about it!
- Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute Denise!! I really love that bottom's up hippo!! :) Your gate fold card is very sweet too!! Beautiful details and way to fit all those challenges into your creation!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute, love the inside and out!!

Timi O. Mercado said...

So so so cute! Loving the pink hippo.

Maureen said...

Great card! That hippo is too funny and I love how you finished the inside!

Stef H said...

now that hippo is a cutie and the card is awesome - inside & out!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

denise,
that is adorable girl... love her big big butt!

-- dalis

Tenia Nelson said...

very cute!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Erin... said...

Super fun fold!!! I love this little guy and his big ol behind!!! gorgeous color combo!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I love that finished the inside of the card and the new hippo is beautiful. looks a lot like me from behind!! LOL

Anonymous said...

adorable card

Carol said...

She is gorgeous Denise! so much of her to fall in love with!!!
Love the colours you chose too, thanks for playing along with us at TPE...

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Janelle @ kaards said...

Love the hippo! Really made me smile :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

I love it! Reminds me of someone I know ;) Great job, as always!

Lynn said...

That hippo is great! Put a smile on my face.Beautifully desinged card...right down to the inside.

Sheri Gilson said...

Your hippo card is SUPER CUTE! I love the image and all the enbellishments. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

by. Amy Schultz said...

great card, Denise! love your hippo :)

Amy

Annie said...

That hippo is gorgeous - what a really cute card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Vickilyn said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hippo!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Your menagerie is growing! What zoofrigic collection you have going! Love them all! Congratulations on your success!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Oh my word, this is adorable!! Great take on the PIO challenge this week!!

craftypagan said...

Hi Denise. Love your card! What a fab new stamp-gonna have to get it! I can't resist!

LORi said...

ADORABLE Denise Lynn!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!