Monday, March 23, 2009

Layers of Color - Sunflower Squares

Good Monday morning,

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and that your new week is off to a good start! I only have a few minutes this morning for some blogging and email and then it's off to do laundry and clean up the house. Ahhh, Mondays!

I wanted to share this card I made using Layers of Color stamps. I'm particularly proud of this one as it was just published in the latest issue of Just Cards! Magazine. It was a nice surprise to receive that free issue in the mail and see my card on one of the pages!

I love this stamp set too, it's called Architectural Blocks and it's available at Layers of Color. I used watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter to color this image. The papers are all SU! cardstocks in Artichoke, Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. I added a piece of chocolate ribbon for some added detail. It's a simple card, yet I think it still has a lot of interest.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a great Monday! Happy Stamping! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Denise, this is so beautiful!! Love the way you split up the panels like this!! Great colors too!! TSF! :)

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Denise.

hugs Riet.x

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Denise. Love the elegant simplicity of it. Congrats on being published, you deserve it. Hugs from Desire

Erin... said...

SO pretty Denise!!! Love the coloring on that elegant image! Congrats on the magazine too! woohoo!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Denise! Congratulations on being published!! Great layout!

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Denise, a lovely flower!
Clairex

Deb said...

congratulations on having this card published, it is gorgeous, what a fabulous stamp and I love the colours!
Hope you managed to get everything done, mondays are my worst clean up days too!
Have a great evening, hugs Debx

Jeanette said...

This is beautiful Denise. Love it! Congrats on the publication and I hope you get to do some stamping after all the icky house-work! Hugs Jeanette

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image and the colours you've used. Congratulations on the publication also. Michele x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Congrats, Denise! I love this card, it's one of my favorites!

Bev said...

Absolutley fantstic! Such an effective idea and an fabulous card x