Thursday, January 15, 2009

Purple and Green....

Morning All!

Hope you're all having a good week. It's bitterly cold here in NH, hope it's warm where you are. I know I won't be leaving the house unless I absolutely have to, so I think I'll be doing some stamping! How about you?

Speaking of some stamping, my friend Janna came over for a visit last night and while the kids were watching some TV, we got to stamp a bit. We both decided to play along with this week's Whiff of Joy challenge, which is to use purple and green and of course a Whiff of Joy image. I just love this color combo, so I knew I had to play! I only have one Whiff image, so I went with Melinda Blowing Kisses.

My purple color is Elegant Eggplant and the green is Mellow Moss. I also used a printed paper from a giant prints pack I have. The ribbons are SU! organdy, grosgrain, and gingham. I also added a Prima flower, button, and piece of wire as an accent. The image was stamped with Versafine ink and colored with Copics. I also added some of my daughters Elmer's glitter glue to her wings. Janna and I both agree that we like this glitter better than Stickles!

I do have a question....which ink do you prefer to stamp your images in when coloring with Copics? I bought Versafine as it's one that's recommended for use with Copics, but I find that it still bleeds/runs when you touch the markers to it. I don't heat set the ink, but I do wait a while for it to dry. Any suggestions?

Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great Thursday, stay warm! Happy Stamping!!

20 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great purple/green combo! This is a stunning image! I use memento ink for promarkers which are alchohol pens we can get easily in the UK.
Judy x

Jeanette said...

Hi Denise! Fantastic card. So sweet! I LOVE Memento ink. It is amazing with copics. Never smears and you do not have to heat set it! It is the only one I use now! Hugs Jeanette

Jeanette said...

Hi Denise! Fantastic card. So sweet! I LOVE Memento ink. It is amazing with copics. Never smears and you do not have to heat set it! It is the only one I use now! Hugs Jeanette

Denise said...

Beautiful! I just got that stamp & can't wait to ink it up, but I need to mount it on cling foam yet. Need to buy some.

Lauren said...

Super cute - love the wings and the flower "stems."

Chris said...

A fabulous card! I love your colour combination, colouring and design. I'm looking into the ink thing too and I've heard that the Memento ink is the best as mentioned above.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

The card is gorgeous. Beautiful layout.
x Natasha x

Mina said...

Fab card, beautifully coloured...I use brilliance with my copics...totally waterproof even without heat setting xxx

Maria Matter said...

Denise, this is truly pretty! Such wonderful colors for this sweet image! I'm always grabbing my kids glitter glue...so much fun!
Blessings, Maria

Cassie said...

hey denise! beautiful card! her wings look amazing!

Rach said...

Denise this is fabulous, I use memento ink with my copics and havn't had any problems as yet. Hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Denise, great image and your colouring is beautiful. I love the pretty papers and te flower detail.
I always use memento ink with my Copics.
Have a great day! Debbie x

Jo said...

Beautiful card Denise! I've got this stamp waiting to be inked up. I use Versafine but just stamp mine out the day before and it's usually OK although do experience a couple of problems now and again. Looks like the Memento is the one to get!

Lynn said...

I love this! My fav colors and that image is so sweet. Beautiful card!

Bev said...

Breathtaking! I love the fresh clean look of your card Denise, stunning details too

hugs Bev x

Nicola said...

This card is so very pretty. What a cool color combo.

Hugs
Nic

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ

cats whiskers said...

This is just an awesome card, love the colouring and the layout is perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Marilyn said...

You did such a fabulous job coloring with this card - and I love the addition of the 3D flower too - soo pretty- hope its warmed up some for you too!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very clever little card...you're right...it IS amazing how different our cards were using the same supplies! We're so crafty ;)