Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Earthy and Serene

Happy Tuesday All!

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday weekend. The weather was beautiful here, you'd never know that summer is on it's way out.

I have a card to share today that I made with images my blogging buddy Lynn sent to me. They are from Serene Spring, a hostess set from Stampin' Up!. This is one of those sets that I could have bought and didn't, but now of course I wish I had. So, big thanks to Lynn for sharing them with me! :)

I used watercolor pencils and an aquapainter to color the image. The cardstock colors here are Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel. I'm happy to say that I made this card using all scrap cardstock. I have so many scraps, I need to make good use of them! The caramel piece was stamped with the Canvas BG in Close to Cocoa and then I stamped some cocoa right onto the paper, hoping to give it more of a weathered look. I paper pierced the corner of the image piece and added flowers and ribbon to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day! Happy Stamping! :)

14 comments:

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Denise, I Just love this! The warm, rich colors so remind me of fall - just beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine said...

this is gorgeous, Denise. I'm a hobby demo and i'm glad that I pre-order this set.

Emily said...

This is beautiful Denise! Love the colors! Great background! TFS!

Denise said...

I really love this card, I think I need to get that stamp set. Love the coloring you did.
Hugs

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the image is so pretty

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card!! Pretty BG!!! :)

Lauren said...

Beautiful card Denise. I love the earthy feel - perfect for this time of year.

Lynn said...

Just beautiful Denise! Love how you created the distressed background! I miss using my Weathered backgound stamp all the time...so I'll have to try this.

Diane said...

Such a beauty Denise Lynn!!!!
Love that image and your coloring is awesome!!!!

Erin... said...

Love it Denise!! The weathered background is super and so is your coloring!!

Cassie said...

just gorgeous!! i love this set and i love how you used it on this card!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love the earthy quality of this card...so lovely!

Maria Matter said...

Denise, this is so sweet! Fabulous coloring and I love that background!!!
Blessings, Maria

Sally said...

Totally love this image and the colors are perfect. Well done