Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2 Cards, 1 Layout!

Hi All!

Well, we're having another very hot day here and it's pretty much kept us inside. I think we're all getting a bit stir crazy, hopefully the heat and humidity will break soon. Anyway, I used some of my time to create a couple of cards.

I've seen a great layout used on a few blogs recently, one that I believe is from SCS. So, I had to give it a try.

This first card uses Crab and Company from Stampin' Up!. I ran some cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Swirl embossing folder. It reminds me of waves, perfect for a beachy card. The colors are Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Sahara Sand. The image was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with markers and an aquapainter. The brads are sea shells, not sure where they are from though.

This next card uses the same layout, but the color combo is from a color challenge on SCS. The colors are Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, and Close to Cocoa, a great combo for a baby card! This card uses the Swiss Dots embossing folder and some flower brads from Target. The images are from the set Bundled in Love from Stampin' Up!. The images are colored with a blender pen and ink.

Thanks for looking. Hope you're having a great Wednesday! Happy Stamping! :)


11 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Denise,those are so cute!
Love the sketch,it's wonderful,will have to give it a try! Great stuff girl!!TFS!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very cute! Love them!

Emily said...

Wow Denise! These are both awesome!! I love this sketch, and you did a fantastic job with it! TFS!

Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards Denise....love that crab and especially his eyes!!! Great layout, will definitely have to use that one as it's very much my style!

Alex said...

Too adorable Denise, I love them both!! That layout is really awesome!!! That little duck card is soooo cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LuvCraftn said...

These are such adorable cards!! I absolutely love them!!!! I've missed being in blogland recently. :-( I really hope to get back to it soon! I hope you are having a fabulous summer!!!

Andrea, said...

2 fabulous cards Denise, the little ducks are so cute and I love the crab with his gifts and wobbly eyes

Anonymous said...

These are cute Denise!! Love your take on the challenges!!

Risa said...

Both of your cards are so cute! I love the ducks and the paper piercing is awesome!!

Cassie said...

this is a great layout!! i love how you used it on both these cards - but esp. on the baby one!

Elaine said...

Super cute cards! I love the embossing on both.