Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Cupcakes

This is just a quick post to show an idea for jazzing up a plain old cupcake. I made these cupcakes this morning with my kids, it was our little way of celebrating Spring! After we frosted and decorated them with the sprinkles, I thought they needed something else, just a little something. So I made this little flag.

I made the flag with just a couple of pieces of scrap cardstock, layered together and taped to a lollipop stick. I love this Easter chick so I want to get the most use out of him while I still can. Now I just need to make 11 more and our cupcakes will be ready to eat!

For a really awesome Easter idea, check out my friend Jo's blog, Only Joking. She just posted the cutest Easter basket/gift idea, A Carrot Garden! They are beautiful, almost too beautiful to eat.

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fantastic, what a cute idea

Jo said...

Took me a while to notice the flag, I was too busy drooling over the cupcake! That icing looks delicious! Great idea and you've used my favourite little chappie again!!

Samantha Esqueda said...

adorable- as usual!

LuvCraftn said...

Very cute!! Now i want a cupcake. LOL! :-) Have a great weekend and a fantastic Easter!!!

Heather said...

The cupcake looks yummy and so does the flag. Very cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Super cute idea!