Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekly Blog Challenge - Leap Day

Hi and Happy Friday!

Sorry to post this week's challenge a little late, but it's been crazy around here lately. For the challenge this week, let's celebrate Leap Day. Create something that leaps, hops, jumps, skips, etc. For example, it could be a card or an altered art piece that has frogs or kangaroos or the words leap or hop. Get creative and have fun!

I'll post again later with my idea. I plan to stamp while the kids are napping. Hope your all having a great Friday! Happy stamping! :)

Edited at 6pm:
This card is my take on leaping! I just love these frogs from Stampin' Up!'s set, Unfroggetable. I was in a bold and bright color mood today. Probably because we are getting more snow and I just want Spring! This is also the layout for the new weekend sketch challenge on Beate's blog. Hope you all had a great Leap Day! Have a super weekend. :)

Oh, and if you're looking for another fun challenge, check out Erin's blog. This week, her challenge is anything baby!

17 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Sorry for my absence, Sister! I've been busy trying to get caught up with all the sisters and I feel like I might not ever! :( I can see you've been ever so busy. I love that orange and green combo you did on "Something New!"

Samantha Esqueda said...

I love this "FROGGY" card. You did a very nice job! Love the colors- very creative!

LuvCraftn said...

I like this froggy card. I'm not a huge fan of this set, but this card is adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. I am glad you were late with your challenge. That way I saw it!
Hugs and smiles

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

great card.
i love that you used the frogs again

Maren said...

Love this card! So bright and cheery! Perfect birthday card!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, those frogs are so cute

Jo said...

Another great card Denise! Must get on and use this set as they are still sitting in their box! Hope to be able to join in with your challenges at some time in the future :)

Erin... said...

what do I have that hops or leaps hhmmmm.... love this card!! thanks for linking up my baby challenge!!

Tara said...

cute leap day card! I also love your save the date card!! :)

Richelle said...

Love this card! Froggys are one of my favs!

Jo said...

I've given you an award Denise, please see my blog for details :)

Sandi Berg said...

This card makes me smile!

Annie said...

what a fun and cheeful leap day froggy card!

April Hall said...

Hopefully you've checked out Beate's blog...........CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Stacy said...

Very cute card. So much better than the one I did. I love his spots.

Cassie said...

And yet another cute, cute card from you! You have this knack for taking sets that I think are sorta cute, but I would never use and then making me WANT THEM BAD!!!!